Which Dosha Type Are You?
Every human being carries three Doshas within him. Knowing your Dosha can help you live a healthier and more balanced life. To determine your Ayurvedic Dosha please mark the table below;
|Frame||o Thin||o Moderate||o Large|
|Body Weight||o Low||o Moderate||o Heavy|
|Skin||o Dry, Rough||o Soft, Oily||o Thick, Oily|
|Hair||o Dry, Kinky||o Soft, Oily||o Thick, Oily|
|Eyes||o Small, Dry||o Sharp, Penetrating||o Big, Attractive|
|Appetite||o Variable, Low||o Good, Sharp||o Slow but steady|
|Thirst||o Variable||o Excessive||o Slight|
|Emotional Excesses||o Insecure, Anxious||o Irritable, Aggressive||o Calm, Greedy|
|Speech||o Fast, unclear||o Sharp, Clear||o Slow, Monotonous|
|Sleep||o Scanty, Interrupted||o Little but sound||o Deep, Prolonged|
|Dreams||o Active, Fearful||o Fiery, Angry||o Watery, Romantic|
|Physical activity||o Hyperactive||o Moderate||o Slow|
The Dosha marked most often will generally indicate one`s primary constitution. The Dosha marked next frequently will generally indicate the secondary Dosha. It may happen that the two will be relatively equal; the constitution may be duel (i.e. Vata/Pitta, Vata/Kapha, Pitta/Kapha). Occasionally all three may be relatively equal.
How to balance Dosha:
Vata – When Vata is out of balance, too much air has accumulated in mind, body, and environment. The result is a sense of un-groundedness.
- Make habit to go to bed and awaken at the same time every day.
- Meditate every day to quiet the mind.
- Practice yoga to connect with your body and mind.
- Wear relaxing and calming fragrances.
- Eat three meals per day and favor sweet, sour, and salty tastes.
- Perform a slow daily self-massage with warm relaxing, calming herbal oil.
- Drink relaxing herbal tea.
- Look for opportunities to create rhythm and routine in your life.
- Diffuse relaxing fragrances into your environment.
- Make goals to complete things once you start them.
Pitta – When Pitta is out of balance, too much fire has accumulated in mind, body, and environment. The result is a sense of internal and external combustion.
- Spend time outside and in nature.
- Favor cooling tastes – sweet, bitter, and astringent – and eat with full awareness.
- Meditate everyday day to soothe the mind and relax the body.
- Schedule some space in your day.
- Perform a slow self-massage with soothing herbal oil.
- Wear soothing fragrances.
- Favor cool colors – blue, green, and white.
- Drink soothing herbal tea.
- Avoid too hot and spicy food and drinks.
- Diffuse soothing fragrances into your environment.
- Engage in non-competitive physical activities.
- Stay cool and calm.
Kapha – When Kapha is out of balance, too much Earth has accumulated in mind, body, and environment. The result is a sense of sluggishness, congestion, and dullness.
- Awaken at sunrise.
- Look for opportunities to create healthy change.
- Favor pungent, bitter, and astringent tastes.
- Avoid eating when you’re not hungry.
- Be spontaneous and try new things.
- Wear invigorating fragrances.
- Drink invigorating herbal tea.
- Diffuse invigorating fragrances into your environment.
- Favor bright strong colors – reds, oranges, and yellows.
- Meditate twice a day to get clear on your intentions and desires.
- Perform a vigorous self-massage with warm invigorating herbal oil.
- Exercise daily.